The Sunny Country of Common Sense
Elfland, Here I Come!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Romania
Greetings, yet again from around the globe!
After a short five (??) days at home, I jumped back on a jet plane to Bucharest, Romania.

This will be a very brief update, as I have a very very small amount of time to email.

The first few days here were very relaxed. We did little more than hang out, sleep and go to church. It still amazes me when I realize that God doesn't only speak English! (Yes, at times I can be that dense.)

Monday and today were ministry days. My team is here primarily as support for what is already happening at these orphanages in Romania, so we do whatever the CTL staff tells us. We have been to three orphanages so far, and I've actually been surprised at how easy it is to play with the kids! They are loving and eager to have fun. I have a hard time putting what I see into what I know of the over all picture: these happy, playful children as products of Communism, left in some form or other parentless and rejected by society.

The thing that has most excited me about this trip was completely unexpected--I made new friends! There are several girls who are here for several weeks to a couple of months as interns. It's their job to show us around and hang out with us and the kids. And I am IN LOVE with them. I was truly delighted to meet them and do hope that we are able to maintain correspondence once we're back in the states.

Please continue to pray for HEALTH! I did get sick on the plane ride here and was miserable all day Sunday and most of MOnday. I'm definitely on the mend now, but we had a late night (one I'm making later by doing this, though I have little choice--I'm last in line for the showers, which can only handle one person at a time for water pressure). And my left eye lid is itching like crazy! I can't figure out what is wrong with it...it looks fine, but man-oh-man does it itch! One of our students broke a tooth and had to have it fixed by a Romanian dentist, but it looks like it is healing fine.

Please also pray that we are able to set aside time as a team to process things and talk about what we're seeing. It's been so busy that there has been very little of that, at least as a whole team. Also pray that we're making what should be the big issues the big issues in our lives, and that we don't get consumed by insignificant details.

Thanks, all.
Love,
Danielle
2 Comments:
Blogger Pam D said...
Sorry to hear that you were sick. Did you have a cold? You can try to clean your eye by folding your upper lid over the lower one and then opening the eye. If something is in there that will dislodge it. If it is an eye infection - washing it with warm water will help.
love, MOM

Blogger Danielle said...
Thanks mama. The eye is a little better today, but my cough makes me sound like you! :) At least I feel fine!!!

Love ya'll.