The Sunny Country of Common Sense
Elfland, Here I Come!
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Kids Say the Darndest Things
And so do high school students.

This Monday one of my 10th grade students walked in and said rather proudly, "Guess what I did this weekend, Ms. D?"

He said it with such pride and such a sense of relevancy that I assumed it was something related to my class, or at least to school or academics.

I responded, "What did you do this weekend?"

His response--still proud and confident--left me speechless and completely baffled.

"I shaved my stomach."
1 Comments:
Blogger Patrick Davis said...
It could be worse. For ex. "I tatooed my stomach, pierced my {you fill in the blank} etc. At least the hair grows back- but of course the point is why would he think it important enough to tell his teacher?
A wise saying I came across some years back:{Teacher/Parental covenent} "I promise not to bring up anything your child says about his home if you promise not to bring up anything he says about his class."